Information Technology Officer
Responsible for providing support with the management, implementation and maintenance of the information and communications technology systems. Also responsible for maintaining the security of the system website and providing training to end-users.
- Assist with the monitoring and maintenance of online portal, website, and other social media platforms.•
- Assist with the monitoring and maintenance of ICT systems and
- Provide support and training to end
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the maintenance and setup of all network systems
- Assist with the maintenance of the company’s website, online portals and social media sites.
- Monitor the IT help desk to troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, and software-related problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic network, server access, and communication problems for end-users.
- Install, configure, and upgrade software, repair/install hardware for computers and servers
- Monitor ICT systems to assist with the detection of any security issues
- Assist with the testing of software applications, learning new and existing software/hardware with the view of providing training to end-users.
- Configure and set up accounts for new and existing users
- Liaise with end-users to assist in the definition of business requirements with the view of implementing new and existing systems to improve productivity.
- Maintain an inventory of the organisation’s equipment and software
- Coordinate /assist with the projects as assigned.
- Assist with daily and periodic backups of the organisation’s data and systems.
- Assist with the implementation of the organisation’s disaster recovery plan.
- Keep abreast with the latest trends in IT with the view of making suggestions of how to improve the company’s ICT infrastructure.
- Provide weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Any other related duties
- All staff
- Service providers
KEY RESULTS AREA/ PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
This job is satisfactorily performed when:
- Deadlines are met
- End-user issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Degree to which the organisation’s website and online portals are maintained and are current
- The extent to which systems downtime is maintained within agreed levels
- End-users are proficient in system applications
- Compliance with established policies and procedures is achieved.
- Confidentiality and integrity are maintained
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related area and professional certifications in networking, computer administration and related areas. A minimum of two years’ experience is required.
- An Associate Degree in Computer Scicene, Information Technology or related field, professional certifications in networking, computer administration and related areas. A minimum of three years’ experience is required.
- Web services
- Microsoft Office
- Safety and Health at Work Act.
- Data Protection Act
- Network administration
- Database administration
- Institutional, governmental, and regulatory framework in which computer systems are operated
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to train and coach
- Good time management skills
- Understanding of ICT systems
- Highly self-motivated
- Deadline and results-driven
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work speedily and accurately under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
Effort – Physical
- Involves the use of a keyboard and looking at computer screens for extended periods
- Moderate visual demand from viewing a computer screen
- Normal office environment
Standard office equipment, including, photocopier, printer, adding machine, facsimile, shredder, scanner, computer.
Normal mental pressure
- 8 hours per day
- May be required to work overtime occasionally