This introductory course in Facilities Management (FM) is designed to give participants a thorough background in the basics of facilities management used in different buildings and properties. The FM topics presented will also give insight into the field as a whole, preparing for all aspects that can and will arise. It will broaden their outlook on FM as a career and teach them how many other disciplines can either directly or indirectly affect FM.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Prepare students for jobs requiring a basic knowledge of Facilities Management.
- Introduce participants to the basic concepts of FM.
- Provide participants with the opportunity to do case studies and experience first-hand what it means to be an FM.
- Acquaint participants with the various principles involved and give them a broader understanding FM.
- Create an understanding that no two buildings or properties are alike and the role of the FM varies according to each individual place.