The objective of this course is to provide participants with the skills to use QuickBooks in the management of accounting and financial data of their business. To successfully complete this course, participants must attend at least 80% of the classroom sessions and complete all assignments, and a project.
Participants will need to have access to a personal computer outside of classroom hours to complete the project. The project will demonstrate the applicant’s ability to successfully implement and maintain a computerised system for a small business using QuickBooks software.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to computer-based accounting
- Overview of QuickBooks
- Business basics
- Setting up QuickBooks for your company
- Handling banking transactions
- Working with customers and revenue
- Working with vendors and bills
- Managing stock
- Working with VAT
- Generating reports
- Year-end tasks