This course is designed to meet the needs of experienced managers who would like to strengthen their professionalism through formal training; trainee managers and persons who have recently been appointed to management positions or professionals (teachers, lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc.) with career paths tending toward management.
Topics covered include:-
- Contemporary Management
- The Definition of Planning and why it is Necessary, Types of Planning, The Planning Process, Quality Approach to Planning
- What is Strategy? Strategic Management Process, Organization Strategies
- Purpose and Principles of Organizing, Basic Departmentalization, Line, Staff and Functional Authority, Decentralization
- Leadership, Motivation, Communication
- Managing Work Teams, Decision Making Styles Ethics
- Human Resources Process, Decruitment Options, Turning and Development, Managing Downsizing
- Definition, Performance Appraisal System, Principles of Compensation
- The Control Process, Control Techniques, Time Management
- The Communication Process, Creativity and the Competitive Advantage, Innovation Managing Change and Innovation.