Programme Flyer - PDF Version
The BIMAP Certificate in Management Studies (BCMS) is a One (1) Year management certificate programme which currently offers nine (9) areas of specialization in the key areas of management.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
The nine (9) specializations for this programme are:
• Event Planning & Conference Management
• General Management
• Human Resource Management
• Management of Information Technology
• Marketing Management
• Production and Operations Management
• Supervisory Management
• Tourism Management
The BCMS was designed to address the special needs of individuals who wish to develop their management skills in a short period of time. It is also targeted towards:
- Persons currently employed in the various disciplines.
- Persons desirous of a career change.
- Persons seeking to gain a qualification in a specific discipline
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ADMISSION
Four (4) CXC certificates or equivalent and two (2) years’ work experience.
Application forms may be found on the website www.bimapbb.com or may be collected from the office. The completed form along with non-refundable $50.00 BDS fee (*Effective Feb 1st 2017) and the copies of CXC’s or courses pursued at other institutions should be submitted to our headquarters in Wildey, at least two (2) weeks before the start of the term.
LENGTH OF THE PROGRAMME
The BCMS programme length is one (1) academic year.In the event of documented extenuating circumstances, i.e. illness or work commitments, students may be granted an extension for one (1) trimester. Documented proof must be presented in all cases.
There are three (3) trimesters per year:
1. January to April
2. April to July
3. September to December
Students are required to take a minimum of one (1) course per term for completion of the programme within the given time period. An average of 55% (C) or more must be maintained throughout the course of study. Classes are held between 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm Mondays to Fridays and Saturdays 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
For a course to be considered for exemption, it must have been passed with a grade of “C” in the BIMAP grading scheme and taken the term prior to application. Request for an exemption must be made at the time of the application and must relate to the area of specialization chosen. If exemption is granted, a fee of $100.00 is payable.
The BCMS programme requires that each student must complete three (3) courses and two (2) seminars identified within the chosen specialization.
1. Accounting/Finance: Students must have taken Accounts at GCE/CXC or have a working knowledge of accounting. In the absence of such, students will be required to take “Accounts (Basic)” or “Accounting and Finance for Management”.
2. Human Resource Management: Prospective students must have a general idea of Management principles as a prerequisite, or they will be required to take “Fundamentals of Management”.
3. Tourism Management: Prospective students must have a general idea of management principles as a prerequisite or they will be required to take “Fundamentals of Management” or “Fundamentals of Marketing”.
4. Marketing Management: Students are allowed to choose any three (3) of the optional courses.
TRANSFER OF CREDIT HOURS
Students who complete the B.C.M.S. may be allowed entry into the BIMAP Diploma in Management Studies (BDMS) programme, provided they achieve a cumulative average of 65% (B-) or greater. The same Grade point Averages (GPA's) for the B.D.M.S Programme will apply for the B.C.M.S.
For further information, please contact us at (246) 431-4200 or by email at: email@example.com.