CompTIA A+ consists of two (2) modules. CompTIA 220-801 is structured to provide participants with fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration. CompTIA 220-801 highlights the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features (e.g. network connectivity and email) for mobile operating systems Android and Apple iOS.
Topics covered include:
- •Personal Computer Components
- •Operating System Fundamentals
- •PC Technician Professional Best Practices, Installing and Configuring Peripheral Components
- •Installing and Configuring System Components
- •Maintaining and Troubleshooting Peripheral Components
- •Troubleshooting System Components
- •Installing and Configuring Operating Systems
- •Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- •Network Technologies
•Installing and Managing Network Connections •Supporting Laptops and Portable Computing Devices Supporting Printers and Scanners •Personal Computer Security Concepts and •Supporting Personal Computer Security.
PREREQUISITE: Entry-level technicians who have at least six (6) months experience. In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, you must pass two (2) exams.