Healthcare Management is an introduction to generic management theory and practice in healthcare settings. This course is designed to provide participants with the concepts, models, techniques and relevant examples which will enable them to improve the provision of care to patients. It will also offer participants an understanding and appreciation for managing the processes in health care institutions.
Topics covered include:-
- The Roles, Functions and Authority of Leaders in Healthcare Settings
- Principles of Critical Thinking
- Organisation Theory
- The Theories and History of Management
- Healthcare Systems Structure and Functions
- Decision Making
- Solution Focus Strategies: Communication and Breaking Down Barriers in the Workplace
- Principles of Time Management
- Morale among Staff in Healthcare Settings
- Equity and Equality in Healthcare
- Strategic Decision Making
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Evidence Base Healthcare
- Ethics and Professionalism in Healthcare Management.