The Event Planning course covers a wide range of event specific and inter-related topics that will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to think critically and function in the fast paced field of Event Planning.
The course takes a multi-disciplinary approach to the study of event management in the Caribbean context.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Event Planning ‒ History of Event Management, Key event definition and understanding event stakeholders, The Event Typology
- Entering the Field of Event Planning ‒ Essential Traits and Skills, Project a Professional Image, Good Habits and Best Practices
- Event Framework and Administration ‒ Understanding the event environment, Categories of Stakeholders, Legal Compliance, Working with regulatory agencies (VAT, COSCAP, etc.)
- Risk Management and Mitigation, Creating the event concepts, Developing the Budget
- Creating The Guest Experience ‒ Protocol and Treatment of VIP guests, Assessing Venues, Understanding the Anatomy of a Venue, Venue Walk through, Outsourcing Services; Managing Vendors, Creating the guest experience, Post-Event Evaluations and Feedback
- Site Visits
- Event Budgeting and Financial Goals ‒ Developing your event Budget, Understanding financial objectives
- Common event financial challenges and solutions, Approaches to Sponsorship, Presenting a Professional Image
- Designing Events ‒ First Step: Crystallizing Concepts, Keeping the Event on Track: Time Lines and The Running Order, Introduction to Mood Boards, Incorporate both internal and external marketing programs
- Event Co-Ordination ‒ Introduction to event logistics: Light/Sound/Site Management, Event Design Elements: Catering
- Event Co-ordination ‒ Creating the Atmosphere using Design, Décor and other finishing touches, Starting Your Business, Elevator Speeches.